Developed a clear, comprehensive and actionable 10-year strategy covering product portfolio, recommended manufacturing investments, channel strategy and customer outreach initiatives customized for each of the focus therapeutic areas and countries.
A leading European pharmaceutical company.
The client asked YCP Solidiance for support with market entry and expansion for eight countries in the Southeast and South Asian regions.
The client had six focus therapeutic areas they wanted to prioritize, and three key objectives to achieve with this project:
- Clearly define a bold five-year strategy in these eight countries,
- Gather market intelligence and data to understand these countries in-depth, and
- Understand, evaluate, and implement key steps to increase revenue and sales.
With extensive experience in the healthcare field, as well as a unique, on-ground knowledge of the Asian region, YCP Solidiance professionals developed a three-step process that explored the following:
This process allowed YCP Solidiance to reasonably forecast the client’s potential revenues over the next decade based on three different business and financial scenarios, providing key expansion points and recommendations for a variety of outcomes.
Our network of global offices enabled our professionals to create a well-structured, well-documented forecasting methodology to provide the client with all the local and on-ground resources they may need—such as stakeholder interviews and contacts, a macro overview of the entire region’s GDP per capita, local government healthcare priorities, per capita healthcare and pharmaceutical spending, and detailed market size opportunity estimates and forecasts of each of the focus therapeutic areas, including the share of MNC brands as well as generic brands.
The YCPS team focused on emphasizing the importance of country-specific, local recommendations for each key therapeutic area. This resulted in a set of next steps that looked at not just how to increase revenue in each country, but enumerated the processes to put into place for market expansion to be efficient and effective:
- Market-level recommendations: expansion based on local partners such as supporting the public sector, patient assistance programs, establishing manufacturing facilities, identifying new distributors, and flexible cost sharing and insurance schemes
- Incentivizing supply chain partners like distributors and pharmacies
- Key recommendations on structuring an optimal product portfolio, business models, and the outreach needed in all eight markets to increase per-country sales